Storm Damage Repairs/Restoration
Kellington Remodeling & Restoration have specialized in storm damage Inspections and Repairs for over 25 years.
Damage to your home caused by a storm can be a devastating feeling for a homeowner. Did you know that most initial settlements are inadequate? Unfortunately it’s vary common for the insurance companies to miss damage caused by these storms. Accessing the damage is critical and should be done by a professional. It takes a different skill set when inspecting and repairing storm damage to a home.
We work closely with you and your insurance company to expedite repairs
including 24/7 temporary repairs to mitigate damage.
If you are looking for a Minnesota Preferred contractor that Specializes in Storm Damage Repairs and Restoration – Please call 612-490-4626.
Most common types of exterior damage:
Roofing Damaged, by Hail
- Asphalt Shingles, Damage to the asphalt shingles occurs during impact of the hail causing granules on the surface of the shingles to become loose or fracture and wash away. These granules protect the asphalt matting of the shingle from UV Rays. Loss of the granules will cause premature failure of your roof and void any manufacture’s warranty.
- Metal Roofs, Metal roofs are more hail resistant that asphalt roofs, but metal roofs can suffer cosmetic damage in the form of dents and damaged coatings.
- Wood Roofs, Wood shakes sustain damage by hail when the impact is sufficient enough to bruise, crack, or split the wood, compromising the roof. This damage will reduce the roofs life expediency and may cause interior water damage to your home and may void any manufactures warranty.
Roof Damaged by Wind
Flying projectile damage is a no brainier however wind itself can cause damage to your roof without any visual signs. Shingles can be lifted by the wind pulling nails through the shingle. When the shingles lay back down they may look fine but in fact have sustained major damage. This is why you should have a physical inspecting of your roof preformed by a professional. Other visual signs of roof damage are Blown off shingles, Cracked or Creased, Torn and Lost seals of the tabs themselves.
Siding Damaged by Hail,
- Vinyl Siding, The obvious signs of hail damage are holes, cracks and chipping of the vinyl siding. You need to look close at the siding to spot cracks that have closed back up and make it hard to see the damage.
- Wood Siding, Look for dents, cracking and breaks. You may see splinters at the edges of the siding. Painted wood siding will also show damage. If you look close you will see small circular cracks in the paint the same size as the hail stone.
- Aluminum and Steel Siding, Stronger than vinyl, steel and aluminum are still susceptible to hail damage. Spotting the damage can be tricky. Look at the walls when the sun is coming up in the morning or when the sun is low in the evening. This will make the damage easier to see. Look for dents or small creases.
Siding Damage by Wind
Flying debris can cause major damage. Could find your neighbors grill stuck in your wall.
Wind can also get behind the all siding and the pressure can pull the siding/nails loose and you may not even know until a physical inspection is preformed.
Windows/Doors Damaged by Hail
- Wood Windows, The glass may be cracked and the seal of the window may have been lost. The wood sash’s and frame’s will have dents, splinters and small cracked finish in the paint. Scratch’s in the glass from flying debris. Window screens.
- Aluminum Windows, Many windows are constructed with aluminum. The aluminum cladding on a window sash is thin and soft so it dents vary easily. The frame of the window is a thicker material and holds up better to hail depending upon the size of hail of course. Windows are often over looked. The glass may be cracked and the seal of the window may have been lost. Scratch’s in the glass from flying debris. Window screens.
- Aluminum overhead Garage Doors, Most garage doors today are aluminum constructed with a raised wood grain panel. This wood grain will hide the small dents.
High wind can flex the door and cause damage.
- Other Common Damage, Soffit, Fascia, Gutters, Skylights, Decks, Wood Fencing,
Light Fixtures, Sheds and other out buildings, Grill, Personal Contents like Patio Furniture and your Mail box. These are just some of the examples of items that can be damaged by a storm.
Best Professional Service
I needed to repair a stucco wall in my house and Kellington Company was recommended. Today, is not easy to find, not only, a reliable company, but also a professional and honest one. The Kellington company, resolved, the huge problem, on time and with such a neatness that, there was not an interruption of the daily activities at the house. Everything was done on time, despite some unexpected issues, that were within the house, and not the contractor. They, The Kellington, took the action, as it was their own home. I recommend them for all your house needs.